Friday, October 21, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Via.

Later today I'm headed down to Joplin, MO to volunteer for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with a friend of mine who lives down there.

For those who don't know what happened...
Back in May of this year, a devastating tornado tore through the area killing around 160 people and leaving a good portion of the town destroyed, around 8,000 homes.
My friend said they also made it an F6 which is HUGE, since the scale only goes to F5.
I'm just so thankful my friend wasn't living there at the time.



Extreme Makeover is making this a huge project since they're building SEVEN homes in 7 days. Also, when it'll air, it'll be their 200th episode.

I'm so excited to be a part of this event, and it certainly could not go to more deserving people.
You can read their stories here (some of the content will be hard to read, it gives me chills thinking of what they went through).

Love to you.
Kristen

5 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you're volunteering with Extreme Makeover! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic venture to be part of! i will definitely be thinking of you when i watch the episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I didn't realize that they made it an F6 - that is crazy! How awesome to be volunteering for that. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I always think about this tornado and what the whole town is going through... such a horrific event! That is so wonderful that you are going down to volunteer... just awesome! You will be touching so many lives!

    Have a great time! Can't wait to hear about all of the details! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't wait to read all about this trip! Kudo's to you my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day - as do you! :)