Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's a Party!

So with my Graduation coming up (!!!!!), I'm making preparations for my Graduation Party.

I'm not really going with the typical Graduation theme, but rather a girly but still grown up theme.

With that said,  here's what I'm thinking of doing for food (that doesn't relate with the theme except the cake haha). And I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Keep in mind it'll be an open house from 1:00-5:00.

{ Ham and Egg Rolls with a couple varieties of chips }


{ Veggie Tray }


{ Spinach and Artichoke Dip }


{ Buffalo Chicken Dip }


{ Salsa Rolls Ups }


For the cake (this is what I'm more excited about ), the lady who did our cake for our wedding is making my graduation cake. She has the BEST cake ever. And I don't think I'm biased since it's what people still talk about. ;)

Here's the plan for that: Two tiered, white buttercream icing with Vanilla cake with Raspberry filling for one flavor, and the other flavor will be Lemon cake with Cream Cheese filling.
The bottom tier will be sort of like this...



The top like this...



And a yellow sugar peony in the middle of the two layers like this....



All those are by her. :)

For drinks we'll be having:
- Bottled Water
- Iced Tea
- Pop: Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite

I also think I'll make a couple pitchers of Sangria and Margaritas for myself and whoever wants some. ;)

Those are definitely on the plan. But I'm wondering if I should also include these....

- Fruit with dip
- Another dessert like cake pops or cookies

And either pizza pinwheels...


or Mini Corndogs


Something kid friendly.

I'm not wanting to be incredibly busy doing lots of things since it will be on a Sunday. And with Graduation the day before, I won't have a whole lot of time to set up the night before, but I'm going to aim and at least get stuff out and hopefully get some decor out.
My Mom is doing the ham/rolls and veggie tray for me. A nice thing about the dips are that they can be done a day or two ahead of time as well. The roll ups I'm not worried about since they shouldn't take too long. It's more or less the other dessert I'm worried about.

I'm also wondering if maybe I should replace one of the dips with a queso dip instead since that can just be in the crockpot that day. The more I think about it, the more I want to do it. lol

In other words, I'd love your input!! haha

11 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Maybe add another dessert, those are my fave at parties! Im also planning a grad party for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks so yummy! I might suggest subbing in some queso for the spinach dip. I've made that recipe before, and it's pretty darned tasty, but once it cools off, it's kind of hard to eat. If the food's going to be sitting out for several hours, it's probably not as low-maintenance as queso would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of that sounds amazing!! I'm so hungry now! and she makes some beautiful cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love buffalo chicken dip! so yummy! another easy thing we like to do is BBQ meatballs (although I don't use BBQ sauce--i use grape jelly and heinz 57 chili sauce)...it's easy to make and leave in a crock pot!
    I think sangria is a GREAT idea! love it! I love a fruit tray and fruit dip, too. You could even do something cute like fruit skewers if you wanted to take the time!! Another great spring/summer dessert I love to make is fruit pizza! Super easy and so good!

    Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    By the way...I don't know a lot about blog awards, but I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! wooot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion would be to do the cold type spinach dip so you can make it early. Also, for the mini hot dogs, you can do the pre-made kind. We did that for our party. just pop in the oven and done! Also, Id add fruit kabobs b/c 1. you can make them early. 2. they look pretty and like you put more time into them than you actually will and 3. it will give you one more dessert. all sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole menu looks so yummy! Congratulations!

    Btw.. have you heard back from the Drs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have not had dinner yet, but now i must. everything looks awesome!
    p.s. i'm from ks, newly married, have a dog. check, check, check!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay..YUM!!! Can I come?! haha :-) Everything looks so tasty! Those mini corndogs look delecious! And so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bummer...I wrote a comment and it didn't post! I'll just write it again!

    Oh YUM!!! Can I come?! HA! Everything looks delecious. I love those mini corn dogs, when I can have dairy again I'm totally making those!

    have you heard anything back from the Dr.'s office yet???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay just realized you have to approve the comments, hehe so you've prob gotten two from me! oh well :-) I loved your post enough to comment two...I mean three times ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello doll! I`m watching your blog for a while! do you wanna follow each other? kisses

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day - as do you! :)